Don't Just Patch, Protect!

by Richard Sillito
Sept. 1, 2017 0 comments SANS Institute firewalls & perimeter protection

The main staples of security are timely patching and up to date anti virus. For all the fancy work that security analysts do, they still abide by the old 80/20 rule. These simple staples provide 80% of the protection while only consuming 20% of the effort. For many environments this is quite sufficient, however when it comes protecting vital systems such as an Oracle® Server, which stores customer credit card information, you need to put in the remaining 80% effort to ensure security is at itʼs best.

https://www.sans.org/reading-room/whitepapers/firewalls/dont-patch-protect-1771